The Prince George District Teachers' Association is committed to ensuring that a safe workplace exists for all teachers. The PGDTA supports School Based, and District, joint health and safety committees. We liaise with School District Staff to:
- Promote safe work practices;
- Assist in creating a safe and healthy workplace;
- Recommend actions that improve effectiveness of district occupational health and safety committees and programs; and
- Promote compliance with WorkSafeBC Regulations.
Your rights under The Workers Compensation Act include:
- The right to know dangers in the workplace that may affect you.
- The right to a bullying and harassment free work environment.
- The right to participate in workplace health and safety activities.
- The right to no discrimination. (You cannot be fired or disciplined for participating in health and safety activities).
- The right to refuse unsafe work.
Threats to Teachers' Safety in the Work Place
School District 57 is committed to creating and maintaining school environments in which students, staff, parents, and others feel safe. Schools cannot ignore any threat of violence.
- The SD57 Student Violence/Threat Risk Assessment Pamphlet: Fair Notice and Process
- SD57 Threat Incident Form
WorkSafeBC Code regarding: VIOLENCE IN THE WORKPLACE
4.28 Risk assessment
4.29 Procedures and policies
4.30 Instruction of workers
4.31 Advice to consult physician
Workplace Bullying and Harassment & Providing Student Information for Employees
- Supervisor's Duties Regarding Workplace Bullying and Harassment
- Worker's Duties Regarding Workplace Bullying and Harassment
Additonal Health & Safety Resources